- 2–1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt (regular salt is fine)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1–1/4 powdered sugar
- 2 egg yolks (I use jumbo size)
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- Colored sprinkles
- Colored sugar
- Melted caramel, chocolate, candy bark
- Preheat your oven to 400 F degrees, using an oven thermometer.
- Sift together the flour and salt and set aside.
- In a medium to large-sized bowl, use an electric hand-held mixer to cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy about 3 minutes.
- Stir in the egg yolks, almond extract, and vanilla extract and beat well for another minute or two.
- Turn the hand mixer to low speed and gradually blend in the dry ingredients (the sifted flour and salt). Mix until the flour is fully blended in and the dough is smooth.
- Fit your plate/disc onto the cookie press and fill the cookie press with the dough.
- Press cookie dough out about 1-1/2 inches apart onto an ungreased cookie sheet and no parchment paper. Press until it ‘clicks’ which is enough dough for one cookie. Lift up the cookie press and the dough should release from the cookie press.
- Continue to refill the cookie press with more dough until the entire cookie sheet(s) are full.
- Decorate cookies with colored sprinkles, and/or sugars at this time before going into the oven.
- Bake for 7 – 8 minutes in the preheated oven, until the bottoms of the cookies are a light golden color.
- Cool the cookies while still on the baking sheet for 2 minutes to allow the cookies to set.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Serving Size: 1 cookie
- Calories: 97
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 69mg
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated Fat: 3
- Unsaturated Fat: 2
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 0g
- Protein: 1g
Keywords: spritz cookies, butter cookiesl, Christmas cookies