- 4 salmon fillets (6 – 8 oz. each), skinless and boneless
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-cracked sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly-cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Mrs. Dash salt-free seasoning
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 3 large garlic cloves, finely minced with a knife
- 6 – 8 Tablespoons butter, sliced
- 1 teaspoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice, plus more to taste
- Basil and/or Italian parsley for garnish
- 30 minutes to an hour before cooking, remove the salmon from the fridge and season it by sprinkling both sides with salt, pepper, and Mrs. Dash seasoning.
- On a medium-high heated stove burner, drizzle and heat up the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan/skillet.
- Add the salmon filets (curved side down — if the salmon has skin on it, place the salmon in the pan skin side up and showing).
- Sear for 3 minutes and then turn over with a long fish spatula so that the salmon does not break apart. Cook for one more minute.
- Add the butter all around the seared salmon.
- When the butter is melted and foaming, add the minced garlic.
- Immediately spoon the bubbling garlic butter non-stop over the salmon for 1-1/2 minutes without stopping. This is called basting! tilt the pan slightly so that the garlic butter pools up on one side of the pan. Take a large mixing spoon for this basting process.
- Remove the salmon from the stove and check the Internal temperature of the salmon. For optimum moistness and juiciness, the temperature should be 122°F for (medium-rare).
- Place the salmon on a serving plate and allow it to rest for 3 minutes.
- With the frying pan/skillet back on the stove burner, add the lemon juice to the garlic butter.
- Serve while hot. Place salmon on serving plates. Spoon the garlic butter over the salmon filets and garnish with a sprinkle of fresh basil or Italian parsley.
- Serving Size: 1 filet
- Calories: 450
- Sugar: 1g
- Sodium: 531g
- Fat: 35g
- Saturated Fat: 14g
- Trans Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 1g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 35g
- Cholesterol: 147g
Keywords: Fish, salmon, garlic, butter, entree, easy