- 2 cans imported Italian tuna, or solid white albacore tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sweet pickle relish
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1 Tbsp. capers (optional)
- 2 Tbsp. fresh Italian parsley, minced
- 1 tsp. dried chives, minced
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. lemon juice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard (optional)
- Salt and pepper
For assembly of the sandwiches:
- hearty bread (white or whole wheat), or challah, brioche, toasted, 2 slices per sandwich
- curly, green-leafy lettuce
- sliced tomatoes
Or serve on a bed of lettuce or inside a scooped-out tomato.
- In a large mixing bowl, add all of the ingredients and gently mix with a large mixing spoon, silicon spoon, or rubber spoon.
- Toast the bread.
- Serve in the way you prefer.