This salad has it all! Amazing flavor, salty and savory for a ying and yang balance. Crunchy goodness in the freshest, raw vegetable ingredients. And finished with a delightful Asian vinaigrette. Addicting!
For the Salad
- 2 cups Cabbage (green), sliced into very thin 1/4″ strips, then cut into 2″ pieces
- 2 cups Cabbage (red/purple), sliced into very thin 1/4″ strips, then cut into 2″ pieces
- 1 cup Japanese Radish (Daikon), sliced into very thin 1/4″ strips, then cut into 1″ pieces
- 3 Carrots, grated or cut into thin matchstick slices
- 4 Green Onions / Scallions, cut both green leaves and white bulb on the diagonal into 1/4 – 1/2” slices
- 1 large Red Bell Pepper – Cut into 1/3” slices and then cut into 1” pieces
- 1 Red Onion – Sliced into 1/4” slices and then cut into 3rds
- 2 cups of Edamame (Shelled only) – use fresh or frozen (thawed out)
- 1 cup Roasted Peanuts (salted or unsalted)
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Cilantro – Minced
- 1/2 cup of Fresh Parsley – Diced
For the Vinaigrette
- 1/2 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Rice Wine Vinegar
- 3 tsp. Asian Sesame Oil
- 1/2 cup Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup freshly-squeezed Lemon Juice
- 5 Tbsp. Brown Sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh Ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
Garnish: Sesame Seeds
- Combine all of the vinaigrette ingredients in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a very large mixing bowl. Mix well.
- 10 minutes before serving, add the vinaigrette to the salad and toss well. Allow the vegetables to soak up the vinaigrette.
- Taste and make any flavor adjustments. Add the salt. If heat is desired, add a tiny bit of Sriracha Sauce.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds all over the top of the salad.
- Serve cold.
- Buon Appetito!
- Serving Size: 1-½ cup
- Calories: 210
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 517mg
- Fat: 12g
- Saturated Fat: 1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4g
- Trans Fat: .003g
- Carbohydrates: 20g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 5g
Keywords: Asian Chopped Salad