This Corn Salsa is super fresh with mega flavors from sweet corn, juicy tomatoes, and other Mexican classics. No cooking or baking is required which is so welcome on sizzling hot summer days! Perfect for get-togethers, backyard grilling, or picnics! Buon Appetito!
- 8 ears of fresh corn, kernels removed from the husk
- 1/2 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (use the whole can if you prefer more)
- 1 red bell pepper, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 1 medium red onion, diced into 1/4” pieces
- 6 Roma tomatoes. diced into 1/4” pieces
- 2 large cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- freshly-squeezed lime juice from 1 lime (use more if you prefer)
- Serve with Tortilla chips
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the corn, tomato, red onion, red and yellow bell peppers, black beans, cilantro, garlic, red pepper flakes, and lime juice.
- Mix well to combine.
- Adjust and add any ingredient that you prefer.
- Add freshly-cracked salt and black pepper if you prefer.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour to allow the ingredients to marry and blend nicely.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- Grill the corn on the cob if you prefer before adding to the salsa.
- Add chunks of avocado if you like.
- Add some Rotel tomato and chili if prefered; pico de gallo is also good,
- Add some chipotle, and/or cumin to spice it up another level.
Keywords: Corn Salsa, Corn, Salsa, Appetizers, Mexican