5 slices of each of the following:
- Sliced Genoa salami
- Sliced ham
- Sliced Prosciutto
- Sliced Mortadella
- Sliced Soprasetta
- Sliced Hot Cappacola
- Slice Provolone Cheese
- Sliced Mozzarella Cheese
You’ll also need a can/jar or two of each of the following:
- roasted red peppers
- cocktail onions
- jumbo black olives (pitted)
- Queen-size pimento-stuffed green olives
- Optional: Red wine vinegar and olive oil to drizzle over at time of serving
- Layer the first ingredients of meats and cheeses in four separate stacks.
- For each stack I put the prosciutto as the first layer (to be seen on the outside of each ‘roll’). Then I put down a layer of a more mellow flavor such as ham, and at the point of being half way through the meats, layer in the cheese slices.
- Roll each of these stacks of meat and cheese very tightly and chill in the refrigerator for a minimum of 1 hour.
- Remove from the fridge and slice each roll into 1″ pinwheels.
- On each skewer, thread as follows: pepperoncini first, followed by a 1″ square of roasted red pepper, a large black olive, a tiny white cocktail onion.
- Next thread on the chilled meat/cheese pinwheel, followed by a large queen-sized pimento stuffed green olive, and then another meat/cheese pinwheel.
- Finish each skewer with the ingredients that you started with only opposite: tiny white cocktail onion next, followed by a large black olive, 1″ square of roasted red pepper, and a pepperoncini.
- Refrigerate half covered in aluminum foil until serving time.
- Optional: Drizzle Red wine vinegar and olive oil over skewers at time of serving.