For the dressing
- (Double the following ingredients)
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. freshly minced ginger
- 1 tsp. honey (preferably locally-produced)
- 1/4 tsp. Thai chili garlic sauce, increase to taste preference
- 1/8 tsp. salt (preferably sea salt)
- 1–1/2 tsp. extra-virgin olive oil
For the salad
- 1/3 pound extra-lean freshly ground chicken breasts
- Cooking spray
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 1/4 cup red onion slivers
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped mint leaves
- 2 Tbsp. freshly chopped cilantro leaves
- 4 Tbsp chopped cashews
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, ginger, honey, chili garlic sauce and salt. Whisk, gradually adding the oil, until well blended.
- Lightly coat a small non-stick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Add chopped chicken to the pan, cook, breaking up into small chunks, for about 5 minutes, or until no longer pink.
- Remove cooked chicken from the heat. Stir in 1-1/2 Tbsp. of the dressing.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the lettuce, carrots, onions, mint and cilantro.
- Add the remaining dressing and toss until well blended.
- Top with the cooked chicken, blend.
- Plate the salads.
- Sprinkle each salad with the chopped cashew nuts.
- ** NOTE: I recommend making even more dressing than the doubled recipe above in order to pass around to your family and/or guests to use more if desired.