- 3 Tbsp. butter or cooking spray
- 16 oz. fresh mushrooms (of your choice), wiped clean, stems trimmed, sliced
- 6 green onions, sliced
- 3/4 cups egg replacement
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 1/4 cup half and half (or you can use whole milk)
- 1/2 cup Parmigiano cheese, fresh and finely grated
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. chopped, fresh thyme leaves
- (optional: chopped, fresh chives and/or Italian parsley)
- salt to taste
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven on to 350 degrees (later you’ll change it to “Broil”).
- Heat an 8-inch ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Coat pan with cooking spray or butter.
- Add mushrooms and green onions to pan; sauté 12 minutes or until mushrooms are nicely browned.
- In a medium bowl, add the eggs and egg replacement.
- Add the half and half.
- Add the Parmesan cheese.
- Add the thyme and any additional herbs that you like.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk everything together.
- Pour the egg/cheese mixture into the same pan with the sauteed mushrooms and green onions.
- Heat pan over medium heat.
- Cook, covered, for about 6 minutes or when it is just a little bit liquid-y/runny on the top.
- At that point, place the pan into the oven and cook on 350 for another 5 – 10 minutes.
- Once the frittata is completely set and cooked (not runny on top) change the oven temperature to “Broil”.
- Place the pan on the lowest rack of the oven and broil for about 2 minutes or until a golden brown color forms on the top.
- (this fritatta can be cut into 6 slices).