- 2 – 3 lbs Fresh Red Snapper, scales removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup green onions, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon of your favorite hot pepper sauce (I used “Frank’s)
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon Caribbean Green Seasoning
Caribbean Green Seasoning
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup flour
- vegetable or canola oil for frying the fish
- Blend all ingredients except the flour together.
- Rub the mixture all over the fish, inside the side slit and the interior of the fish.
- Allow the fish to marinate for a minimum of 1 hour; we marinated the fish overnight.
- On very hot heat, place the oil in a heavy, deep pan, enough to cover the fish.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Check the interior of the fish for doneness.
- Serve with spicy black beans and Caribbean flavor rice.
This recipe is just slightly adapted from a recipe found on the Caribbean Pot blog: http://caribbeanpot.com/fried-seasoned-red-snapper/
It is a delicious recipe. With leftover fish, we make fish tacos the next day!