- 8 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Swordfish Steaks, cut 1″ thick,
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 cup Italian-seasoned panko crumbs
- Garnish: Fresh-cut sprigs of Italian parsley
- Garnish: Sliced lemons
Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
- 8 Tablespoons Olive Oil
- 1/2 stick of high quality butter
- 1/2 cup of heavy cream
- Juice of 1 medium-sized lemons
- Zest of 1 small lemon
- 1–1/2 cups minced fresh-cut Italian parsley
- 4 cloves of fresh garlic, finely chopped
- 4 Tablespoons fresh-cut oregano, finely chopped
- 1/2 small jar of capers (if salted, rinse thoroughly)
- Drizzle each swordfish steak with olive oil and spread the oil evenly over each steak on all sides.
- Using a shallow mid-size bowl, pour in the Italian seasoned bread crumbs and panko crumbs.
- Place each oiled swordfish steak onto the bread crumbs and panko crumbsand then turn over, making sure that the steak is covered on all sides.
- Get the grill heated.
Prepare the sauce
- While grill is warming up, heat all of the sauce ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place on a very low simmer to keep the sauce warm while grilling the swordfish steaks.
- Grill the steaks on a medium-low heat for 2 minutes on each side until the bread crumb coating is a nice gold-brown color.
- The thicker the steak, the longer the time necessary to cook through, keeping in mind that the steaks should not be cooked to the point of being dry, but rather they should be moist and tender inside.
- Pour a little bit (about a tablespoon) of the creamy lemon caper sauce on top of each steak.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh-cut Italian parsley and slices of lemons.
- Pass the remainder of the sauce around to guests.