- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- 6 jumbo egg yolks
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons amaretto
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped toasted almonds
- Bring cream and milk to simmer in heavy medium saucepan.
- Whisk yolks, sugar, and corn syrup in large bowl to blend.
- Gradually whisk in hot cream mixture.
- Return to saucepan; stir over medium-low heat until custard thickens and leaves path on back of spoon when finger is drawn across, about 5 minutes (do not boil).
- Strain into medium bowl.
- Chill until cold.
- Whisk in amaretto.
- Process in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Fold in almonds.
- Transfer to covered container and freeze.