This salad is so delicious and on top of it, it is amazingly easy to prepare in no time! Lots of your favorite red fruit simply sliced up into a bowl and mixed with a perfect vinaigrette dressing results in a light, healthy and yet flavor-packed salad!
- 1 small container of strawberries
- 1 small container of raspberries
- 20 cherries, pits removed and cut in half
- 1 – 2 cups watermelon cut into 1″ chunks
- 1 Red Delicious apple, cut into halves, sliced, and then cut into 1/2” chunks
- 4 very large leaves of fresh basil, sliced very thinly (or chopped)
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate seeds (purchase the pre-filled plastic cups in the produce section)
- About 10 red grapes, sliced
- 1/2 red grapefruit, rind removed, cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1/2 of a red onion, sliced thinly and then cut again into 1/2” pieces
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. WHITE balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Clean all fruit and slice.
- Place all clean and sliced fruit in a medium-sized mixing bowl.
- Add sugar, balsamic vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Adjust amounts of any of these ingredients to satisfy your flavor preferences.
- Garnish with thin slivers of basil.