- 2 cans Mexi-/Southwestern corn, drained (I used one can and then the rest in fresh-cooked Iowa sweet corn)
- 1 can black beans, drained, and thoroughly rinsed
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes with lime and cilantro, drained
- 1 small red pepper, diced the size of a corn kernel (I added this)
- 1 small green pepper, diced the size of a corn kernel (I added this
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese OR shredded Mexican cheese blend
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 1 small garden-fresh tomato, diced (I added this)
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeño chili, seeds removed, minced (I added this instead of the yucky canned variety)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro (I added this)
- 2 bags of mini peppers of assorted red, yellow, and orange colors, sliced in half, seeds removed
- Tortilla chips for serving
- Combine all of the ingredients together.
- Cover and place in the fridge.
- Chill from 2 hours to overnight to allow all of the flavors to marry.
- Serve with mini peppers to use for scooping up the dip and/or tortilla chips.
Keywords: appetizer, dip, corn dip, Mexican, Southewestern, entertaining