So refreshing and delicious, these Strawberry Rhubab Mojitos are the ultimate cocktail to enjoy fresh spring and summer fruits with tangy lime and flavored rums! Cheers, my friends!
For the Strawberry Rhubarb puree:
- 3 cups fresh or frozen rhubarb, sliced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen strawberries
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
Remaining Ingredients for the Mojito:
- 4 oz. Raspberry rum
- 4 oz. Lemon rum
- juice of 1/2 of a lime
- club soda (around 1-3/4 oz. per cocktail)
- fresh mint
- Lime slices
- Fresh mint leaves
- rhubarb stalks,
- fresh strawberries
- mint sprigs
Prepare Strawberry-Rhubarb Puree:
- Combine the water and sugar in a medium saucepan on medium heat until boiling. Then turn down the heat to a simmer, while stirring frequently. Cook until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Add the strawberries and rhubarb and simmer for 15 minutes or until the fruit is broken down and very soft, and when the mixture is ‘syrupy’.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool.
- Strain the cooled mixture through a mesh strainer.
- Pour strained mixture into a blender and mix until smooth.
- Place puree in the fridge to chill.
Prepare the Mojitos:
- In either separate tall cocktail glasses OR in a small pitcher, pour in both rums.
- Add the mint leaves to each glass or the pitcher.
- Using the back of a spoon, “muddle” the mint into the rums to release the flavors of mint.
- Add the strawberry rhubarb puree.
- Add the lime juice equally between the glasses or into the pitcher.
- Add the club soda to taste.
- Fill each glass with ice.
- Stir gently.
- Garnish with lime slices, strawberries and/or rhubarb sticks.