- 4 medium boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- With a clean paper towel, pat dry the pork chops.
- Season the chops on both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a heavy skillet (such as cast iron), over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the rosemary, sage, and thyme, stirring continuously for 1 minute — do not burn.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, onion powder, and Dijon mustard. Heat everything for another 2 minutes until the mixture is bubbly.
- Place the pork chops into the hot skillet and fry one side for 3 minutes only, until a rich golden brown.
- Turn the pork chops over. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- Place the pork chops on a cutting board or serving platter to rest for 8 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of rosemary, sage, and thyme sprigs.
- Serve with remaining garlic butter sauce and scraping of the pan bits.
- Buon Appetito!
For a great finishing touch, dollop some extra garlic butter sauce AND on each pork chop, place a tablespoon of softened butter to ooze down the sides of the steak. Garnish with any of the herbs.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1200mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
Keywords: pork; pork chops; pan-seared; garlic butter; easy; Keto; low-carb