Savory Herb Pork Chops In Garlic Butter Sauce – Keto Friendly
Deliciousness In Less Than 15 Minutes!!
Don’t you love it when you can have a delicious dinner on the table in less than 30 minutes? These Pork Chops in Herb Garlic Butter Sauce are just that . . . simply incredible and ready in a snap!
My family just can’t get enough of juicy pork. Is it because my Italian cousins live in Modena, Italy (yes, where the famous balsamic vinegar is produced) where there are more hogs and pigs than there are people (what do you think prosciutto comes from)? Or could it be that after coming to the States, my family was raised in Iowa where the # of pigs also outweighs the # of people? How crazy is that?
We love great pork recipes, especially those like our Stuffed Pork Chops with Pancetta and Fontina. A good pork chop meal guarantees to satisfy family or guests yet is stress-free for the cook. You have to love that! Trust me . . . your family and guests will have rave reviews for this recipe. These chops are so packed with such a heavenly flavor that they rival those served in restaurants.
You’ll Love These Pan-Seared Herb Pork Chops!
These pan-fried chops are ever so juicy, tender, and mouth-watering! You’ll never have dry pork chops with this recipe. And it’s all because of the simplest stovetop process of searing them in a skillet in a pool of butter seasoned with garlic, aromatic sage, and rosemary. During this simmer, the pork chops sear and become coated in the amazing sauce until a crisp, beautiful golden brown crust develops.
That simple! That super easy!
When time is short, pork chops always come to the rescue since they are so easy to make in minutes. These pork chops are perfect to get a delicious meal on the table on busy weeknights or for any night of the week really! If either my husband or I forget to plan for dinner (which we do) and we just arrived home after work and are in need of a quick dinner, we can literally make these succulent pork chops in less than 15 minutes!
Versatility is another plus! This recipe is also perfect for special occasions when you gather around a table and want to leave a lasting, positive impression!
Just add one of your favorite side dishes and you’ve got a feast! They consistently pair wonderfully with mashed or roasted potatoes and vivid green veggies such as steamed broccoli, green beans, or spring peas . . . or some cauliflower rice if you’re doing a KETO / Low-Carb menu. Thick chunks of dense artisan bread to soak up the sauce will top off a perfect meal.
There’s no prep work at all! You don’t even have to season or marinate the pork chops beforehand. That’s because the quick hot searing in the herb-based garlic butter sauce, along with those yummy pan bits and a splash of Dijon create all of the melt-in-your-mouth flavor!
And the sauce? Oh, my stars! My husband told me a long time ago “DOUBLE the amount of garlic butter sauce!” The garlic butter sauce is just that good! It’s where all of the rich flavor develops and where the texture of the pork becomes so tender.
As I mentioned above, we just adore pork recipes. If you love pork too, you may enjoy these:
- Stuffed Pork Chops with Pancetta and Fontina
- Pork Chops alla Marsala with Risotto alla Milanese
- Pork Saltimbocca with Creamy Polenta
- Incredibly Good Low-Cal Pork Chops with Mustard Cream Sauce
Delicious Side Dishes to Pair with Pork Chops
My husband is a die-hard ‘meat and potatoes’ kind of guy, so potatoes served in any fashion are perennial side dishes to pair with pork. Especially these mashed or roasted potatoes:
Add a leafy green salad and any of the following simply delicious sides and you’ve got a feast!
- Creamy Cucumber Salad with Garlic Dill Dressing
- Roasted Parmesan Garlic Carrots
- Browned Butter Asparagus with Pignoli
- 4 medium boneless pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup butter (8 Tablespoons)
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- With a clean paper towel, pat dry the pork chops.
- Season the chops on both sides with sea salt and black pepper.
- In a heavy skillet (such as cast iron), over medium heat, melt the butter. Add the rosemary, sage, and thyme, stirring continuously for 1 minute — do not burn.
- Whisk in the garlic powder, onion powder, and Dijon mustard. Heat everything for another 2 minutes until the mixture is bubbly.
- Place the pork chops into the hot skillet and fry one side for 3 minutes only, until a rich golden brown.
- Turn the pork chops over. Cover the pan and reduce the heat to medium and cook for another 4 – 5 minutes.
- Place the pork chops on a cutting board or serving platter to rest for 8 minutes.
- Serve with a garnish of rosemary, sage, and thyme sprigs.
- Serve with remaining garlic butter sauce and scraping of the pan bits.
- Buon Appetito!
For a great finishing touch, dollop some extra garlic butter sauce AND on each pork chop, place a tablespoon of softened butter to ooze down the sides of the steak. Garnish with any of the herbs.
Recipe adapted from 12 Tomatoes
- Serving Size: 1 pork chop
- Calories: 355
- Sugar: 4g
- Sodium: 1200mg
- Fat: 24g
- Saturated Fat: 11g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12g
- Trans Fat: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Fiber: 1g
- Protein: 29g
- Cholesterol: 120mg
Keywords: pork; pork chops; pan-seared; garlic butter; easy; Keto; low-carb
ENJOY this AMAZING recipe!