- 1–1/2 lb. fresh pasta (penne, rigatoni, spaghetti, fettucine)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1–1/2 cups freshly grated Parmigiano cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 – 2 oz. imported Italian truffles, sliced or diced
- Freshly cracked salt and pepper to taste
- For the table: extra sliced or diced truffles for guests to add to their own servings
- For the table: 1/2 – 1 cup freshly grated Parmigiano cheese for guests add to their own servings.
- Cook the past in a tall pot of boiling water.
- Drain after reaching al dente (when there’s a little bit of a bite to the texture of the pasta) — spaghetti and fettucine about 6 minutes, penne and rigatoni about 9 minutes.
- While pasta is boiling, melt the butter in a large saucepan or frying pan with tall sides.
- Mix into the melted butter the Parmigiano cheese and cream.
- Add the cooked pasta, toss well, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Put the pasta mixture into a large serving bowl and grate the truffle over the pasta. You may also want to serve more truffles separately at the table for guests to add to their servings.
- Serve additional grated Parmigano cheese to pass around the table also.
Keywords: pasta, cream sauce, truffles, Italian