Strawberry Chambord Sauce
I don’t know about you and your area of the world, but boy, have we ever had a BUMPER crop of strawberries this spring due to all of the incredible weekly rains that we have received. So W.D. and I have just been whipping up all sorts of recipes to use these precious red beauties. Trust me, we don’t eat gourmet every day; in fact, we eat more simply on a day to day basis than otherwise..
Strawberry Sauce with Chambord Sauce
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 - 4 Tbsps. Chambord (raspberry liquor) or Framboise or raspberry brandy
- Wash, hull, and slice the strawberries.
- Process with a food processor or inversion blender.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, and Chambord liquor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over ice cream or cake.
This is just divine over the strawberry cake! And with cream cheese frosting, my favorite, and a perfect match for the strawberry flavor!
Love that strawberry sauce – and, it’s so versatile, yum!
Hi Reeni and Kerstin! Oh my gosh, you are both right, this sauce is so good, and you can use it for so many recipes. We freeze tons of strawberries in the spring, so that we can have them year round, knowing that there are no preservatives in them from doing it ourselves. THanks for sharing your thoughts, you two!
The sauce is really good!