I don’t know about you and your area of the world, but boy, have we ever had a BUMPER crop of strawberries this spring due to all of the incredible weekly rains that we have received. So W.D. and I have just been whipping up all sorts of recipes to use these precious red beauties. Trust me, we don’t eat gourmet every day; in fact, we eat more simply on a day to day basis than otherwise..
- 2 pints fresh strawberries
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 - 4 Tbsps. Chambord (raspberry liquor) or Framboise or raspberry brandy
- Wash, hull, and slice the strawberries.
- Process with a food processor or inversion blender.
- Add the sugar, lemon juice, and Chambord liquor.
- Blend until smooth.
- Drizzle over ice cream or cake.