For the cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 3 jumbo eggs
- 1 cup oil (I use canola)
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
For the frosting
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter
- 1 small 3 oz. package cream cheese
- 1 tsp. butter flavoring
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray loaf baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil, and vanilla.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the the flour, cinnamon, baking soda and baking powder.
- Mix dry ingredients, zucchini and nuts (optional) into the eggs-sugar mixture.
- Blend well.
- Pour batter into the loaf pan leaving about ½ inch from the top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes; keeping in mind not to overcook, you want this cake MOIST.
- For the frosting, beat all the ingredients together until light and fluffy.
- Spread generously on top of cake/bread.
- This zucchini cake/bread can easily be frozen when wrapped in heavy freezer aluminum foil.
I just love the colors of this gorgeous, green and white shredded zucchini! So fresh and crisp!
So after you make this, have a cup of your favorite flavored coffee or tea with a slice of cinnamon bliss!