- 5 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- 4 cups rhubarb, diced
- 1 cup sugar
- 5 Tbsp. flour
- 1 - 1/2 cups old fashioned oatmeal
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup cold butter
- Vanilla ice cream
- Add diced rhubarb to the sliced strawberries.
- Add sugar and flour and gently blend well.
- Spread this mixture into a 9 X 13" baking pan.
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend together the oatmeal, flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add the butter in with a pastry cutter.
- Layer this topping mixture evenly over the strawberries and rhubarb.
- Bake at 375 for 40 minutes, until crisp, golden brown and bubbly.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream!
For more extensive information on Rhubarb from plant varieties, to planting, to harvesting, to recipes . . . check out this great web-site: http://www.rhubarb-central.com/index.html
Strawberry Rhubarb Crisp Topping