- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
1-1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 cup or your preferred amount of dark raisins
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon together and then stir these into the creamed mixture.
- Mix in the oats.
- Cover and chill the cookie dough for at least one hour.
- Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Roll the cookie dough into walnut-size balls and place them 2 inches apart on the cookie sheets. Flatten each cookie with a large spoon dipped in sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the pre-heated oven.
- Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 5 minutes before placing them on a wire rack to cool completely.