- 1-1/3 lbs (about 4 large peaches) fresh or frozen peaches (we freeze peaches every summer)
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (original recipe calls for 1/4 tsp. but we like more vanilla flavor)
- a few drops freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Place a large bowl or container in the freezer to chill it before you get started. This container is what you’ll put the finished ice cream in and it will already be pre-chilled nicely.
- Peel and slice the peaches, remove the pits.
- Cut the peaches into slices or chunks.
- (original recipe calls for cooking the peaches in 1/2 cup of water for 10 minutes; we skipped this step because we like our peaches more fresh and uncooked, except in crisps and pies).
- Add the sugar to the peaches.
- Blend the peaches and sugar with the sour cream, heavy cream, vanilla extract and the lemon juice with an immersion blender or hand-held electric beater.
- Blend until slightly chunky.
- Pour the mixture into the ice cream maker and follow the manufacturer’s instructions (we use a Cuisinart).
- Freeze for several hours or overnight until desired level of firmness is achieved.