tender in the center and perfect brown and black grill marks on the outside!
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 30-36 cherry tomatoes (depending on size)
- 1 Tbsp. dried Italian seasonings (any brand)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup plain dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely grated parmesan and romano cheese
- Fresh cracked Sea salt
- Fresh cracked black pepper
- 6 - 10 Tbsp. chopped, fresh basil leaves (whatever your preference level is).
- sugar if necessary (for tomatoes that are not as sweet)
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Drizzle olive oil on the bottom of a large baking pan (a low-sided cookie sheet works great).
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Combine the garlic, bread crumbs, and grated cheese.
- Season with sea salt and black pepper.
- Place the cherry tomato halves, split side up, into the pan, arranging them so they remain upright.
- Sprinkle your favorite blend of Italian seasonings all over the tomatoes
- Sprinkle the garlic-cheese-bread crumbs all over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle a little bit more olive oil on top of the breaded tomatoes.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until lightly browned.
- If the breaded tomatoes are not golden brown enough, turn on the ‘broiler’ of the oven and while keeping a close eye on the tomatoes, broil until a nice golden brown.
- Scoop the roasted tomatoes into a serving bowl and gently blend in the chopped basil.
- Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
- Served with cooked pasta or alone as a side dish.
- NOTE: if your tomatoes are a bit on the sour side due to early ripening and not enough time on the vine, add sugar to taste after the basil is added. It will really help take the bite and tang out of the tanginess of early tomatoes.