Skinny, Creamy Blood Orange Smoothie
Creamy Blood Orange Smoothie . . . oh yum!
Thank you Mediterranean for these delicious, sweet, ruby red orbs in the midst of winter’s freeze!
I just had to buy more blood oranges this week while they are still in season. Yesterday a repair guy was here and saw them in a bowl sitting on my counter. He asked, “Are those blood oranges?” And I said yes. Then he told me about the first time he had his first taste of a blood orange . . . while in Italy during a military assignment. He said that he was going straight to the store to pick some up.
But not after giving him a bite of this week’s blood orange cheesecake that I baked. He loved it!
The red pebbled skin of blood oranges is just so pretty!
each blood orange has a different hue of red!
and just look at the color of the fresh-squeezed juice! WOW!
Here’s the recipe for you for this delicious smoothie . . . it’s super easy and quick to prepare!
- 1 cup fresh-squeezed blood orange juice
- 1 cup vanilla flavored almond juice
- ½ banana
- 6 - 10 raspberries or 2 Tbsp. raspberry sauce
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 6 ice cubes
- Using a blender or a handheld immersion blender, thoroughly mix all ingredients together.
- Add more or less of any ingredient to reach the taste preference desired.