“Hey Mom, I need some apple recipes . . . it’s apple season!” written in a text to me from my son in Chicago this week. Although he was really wanting a new pie recipe, I had my heart (and my husband’s dessert-loving tummy) set on baking these outrageous Apple Caramel Cheesecake Bars instead . . . the apple pie recipe will come . . . just later, I texted back to him.
With the cooler temperatures of autumn quickly approaching, it’s time to get baking again.
And what better to bake with in the crisp, golden days of fall than fresh apples? Apples coated in cinnamon and sugar, then baked and topped with a heavy, crunchy topping, and then . . .
drizzled with fresh caramel sauce?
Nothing could be finer!
Why not enjoy a nice glass of wine while preparing your apples?
Open up the windows, or go outside and enjoy all of the season’s fresh air!
These “Pink Lady” apples are so vivid in color, aren’t they?
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar (firmly packed)
- 2 cups flour
- 4 lady apples (large Pink, peeled, cored, sliced, and diced)
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar (divided)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 mascarpone cheese (tubs Italian, or 8-oz. packages cream cheese or 1 of each cheese. Note: Mascarpone cheese offers a sweeter tasting filling)
- 2 jumbo eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (do not use steel-cut)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 1 cup praline (chopped, coated pecans)
- caramel sauce (fresh or store-bought)