Any recipe that has a “Buffalo” flavor immediately grabs my attention! I’m so addicted to the distinctive hot buffalo flavor and just love how it has been used so creatively lately . . . and I normally don’t get into trendy foods. Weird doesn’t fly in this household!
In this Buffalo Turkey Chili, the buffalo flavor shines through, but not in an overpowering way. Ground turkey (or chicken) is used instead of beef . . . so I guess that means it has less cholesterol in it, making it a bit more healthy than beef versions of chili. If you think that you’ll miss the beefy flavor of traditional chili recipes, you’ll never know the difference with the turkey/chicken in this recipe!
Plus if you want easy, this is a cinch to make!
Goodness, all that you do is sauté the best food buddies of onion, celery, garlic and carrots . . . brown the ground turkey or chicken . . . add some spices . . . then throw in some broth, tomatoes, beans, and hot sauce for that BUFFALO KICK! Let it simmer and you’re good to go!
For a more true buffalo wing experience, serve this chili with crumbled blue cheese.
Even my husband, Mr. Bill, who is not a huge fan of buffalo wings, really enjoyed this chili. And if he thinks that this chili recipe is a keeper, than you have to trust him (and me) that it is!
This chili is just the yummiest!
What You Need:
- 4 - 5 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lbs. extra lean ground turkey or ground chicken
- 2 large carrots, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 4 stalks of celery (plus leaves), finely chopped
- 5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. paprika
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1-½ cups of Frank's Red Hot Sauce (less if you prefer)
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with jalapeños
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 15 oz. can tomato sauce
- 1 can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
- crumbled blue cheese
- sliced lime
- chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook the ground turkey (or chicken) in a skillet over medium heat, crumbling it as it cooks, and set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a deep pot.
- Add onions, celery, carrots, and garlic . . . cook until tender, about 10-15 minutes.
- Add chicken broth and deglaze the pan.
- Add turkey/chicken, tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato paste, beans, paprika, and hot sauce.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Garnish with crumbled blue cheese, sliced lime, and chopped cilantro.
Beef and Bison Chili
- Bison & Black Bean Chili from It’s Yummi!
- Cincinnati Chili from Savvy Eats
- Easy Beef Bean Chili from The Not So Cheesy Kitchen
- Easy Chili con Carne from Manu’s Menu
- Gesundheit Chili from Magnolia Days
- Hellfire Chili from Yours And Mine Are Ours
- Hoisin Beef Chili from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Moroccan Harissa Spiked Chili from MarocMama
- Short Rib Chili from The Texan New Yorker
- Slow Cooker Cheeseburger Chili from Hip Foodie Mom
Chicken, Duck, and Turkey Chili
- Asian Five Spice Duck Chili from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Buffalo Turkey Chili from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Chicken and Bell Pepper Chili from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Chicken Meatball Chipotle Chili from Soni’s Food
- Gluten Free Turkey Chili from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Kickin’ Chicken Chili from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Low Calorie Turkey Chili from Basic N Delicious
- Olé Mole Turkey Chili from Kudos Kitchen By Renee
- Quick & Easy Chipotle Turkey Chili from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Shockingly Delicious Chili Mole with Red Beans and Raisins from Shockingly Delicious
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Chili from Family Foodie
- Thai Chicken Chili from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- White Chicken Chili from The Foodie Army Wife
Mixed (meat combo) Chili
- Best Damn Chili Ever from Noshing With The Nolands
- Chili con Tres Carne from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Daddy’s Favorite Chili from Momma’s Meals
- Harlem Meatloaf Chili from Neighborfood
- Leslie’s Best Chili from La Cocina de Leslie
Fish and Seafood Chili
- Scrumptious Seafood Chili from A Kitchen Hoor
- Easy Vegetarian Chili with Raisins and Cashews from Delaware Girl Eats
- New Orleans Style Vegetarian Chili from Take A Bite Out of Boca
- Vegan Slow Cooker Chili from Killer Bunnies, Inc
- Chicken Chili Cheese Fries from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chili Cornbread Cupcakes from In The Kitchen With KP
- Chili Topped Tater Tots from Ruffles & Truffles
- Spicy Chili Mac from girlichef
Best Wines To Pair with Chili from ENOFYLZ Wine Blog