It’s time to indulge in something rich and dark!
It’s Valentine’s Day!
So go ahead and dig in, jump in, or swim in these intensely rich and fudge-y dark chocolate brownies . . . just perfect for two, or one, or how many peeps you want to make happy, happy, HAPPY in the tummy (just make more!).
What do you enjoy for Valentine’s Day?
Champagne or a delightful red wine?
A romantic candle-lit dinner?
Intimate moments in front of a warm and glowing fire in the fireplace?
A sexy, silky nightgown or pajamas?
Cuddling up to watch a love story movie?
A bottle of your favorite perfume?
For me, it’s a romantic dinner ending with something wonderfully chocolate! A true weakness of mine!
And if you like your brownies fudgy, oozy and gooey, than you’ll love these! Just look at the inside of this brownie!!
And the beautiful red pool of fresh, sweet raspberry sauce is simply the perfect accent to both the eye and the palette!
This is a super easy recipe too with just a few ingredients, so it won’t break the bank either!
And that’s what I call AMORE!
- 1 - 4.9 oz (140 g.) dark chocolate
- 1 stick plus 1 Tbsp. butter, room temperature
- 1 cup plus 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 jumbo eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 package fresh raspberries (or 1 bag frozen raspberries)
- Sugar to taste.
- Powdered Sugar
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt chocolate (I use the microwave and it usually takes about 3 minutes).
- Add the butter to melted chocolate and blend, slowly not to incorporate a lot of air.
- In a separate large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs.
- Add sugar to the eggs.
- Pour the chocolate-butter mixture into the egg-sugar mixture.
- Mix gently.
- Add vanilla and flour; mix well.
- Line a square baking pan with parchment paper.
- Pour the brownie batter into the lined baking pan.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
- Cool before serving.
Prepare Raspberry Sauce:
- With a hand-held immersion blender, blend the raspberries into a smooth, liquidy sauce.
- Blend in sugar to taste.
- Serve brownies with raspberry sauce in a pool on a plate or decorated as you like.
- Garnish with fresh raspberries and powdered sugar.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 0Total Fat: 0g
Happy Valentine’s Day!
Here are all of the wonderful Valentine’s Day recipes shared on Sunday Supper this week:
- Bacon-Wrapped Dates Stuffed with Ricotta from Casa de Crews
- Kumquat Vanilla Marmalade from Shockingly Delicious
- Southwestern Meatballs wrapped in Bacon from Momma’s Meals
- Almond-Crusted Sole with Mushroom Pilaf for Two from Small Wallet, Big Appetite
- Bacon Crusted Beer Mac and Cheese from Melanie Makes
- Baked Crab Cakes with Lemongrass-Ginger Mayo from The Weekend Gourmet
- Baked Pasta with Sausage and Fontina from The Girl In The Little Red Kitchen
- Baked Tilapia En Papiollte from It’s Yummi!
- Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo from Cookin’ Mimi
- Drunken Snow Crabs from Family Foodie
- Eggs in Purgatory from Noshing with the Nolands
- Flambéed Veal Chops from MealDiva
- Homemade Philly Cheesesteak Stromboli from In The Kitchen With KP
- Langoustine Pasta with White Wine-Butter Sauce from Healthy.Delicious.
- Meyer Lemon Butter Sauce Prawns with Linguine from Food Lust People Love
- Pan Seared Scallops with Lemon Basil Beurre Blanc, Pancetta, plus a Fennel and Apple Slaw from Crazy Foodie Stunts
- Pan-Seared Scallops with Linguine and Tomato-Cream Sauce from Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Roasted Vegetable Lasagna for Two from Hot Momma’s Kitchen Chaos
- Salmon Pakoras from Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Swiss Fondue for Two from Curious Cuisiniere
- White Queso Mac and Cheese for Two from Daily Dish Recipes
Decadent Desserts and Drinks:
- Baked Custard from Magnolia Days
- Cherry Spritzer Ice Cream Float from Peanut Butter and Peppers
- Chocolate Budino with Strawberry Hearts from Manu’s Menu
- Chocolate Malted Bread Pudding from Alida’s Kitchen
- Chocolate Marshmallow Duets from Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chocolate Pots de Crème from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Fresh Berry Parfait with Crème Anglaise from Hip Foodie Mom
- Fudgy Dark Chocolate Brownies with Raspberry Sauce from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Funfetti Strawberry Cheesecake Trifle from Take a Bite Out of Boca
- German Rose Water Sugar Cookies For Two from Killer Bunnies, Inc.
- Gluten Free Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles from Gluten Free Crumbley
- Gluten-Free Deep Dish Hot Fudge Brownies for Two from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Ice Cream Stuffed Crepes with Nutella and Fresh Berries from Neighborfood
- Malawian Mbatata Cookies with Coconut Cream from Happy Baking Days
- Orange-scented Bread Pudding with Hard Sauce for Two from girlichef
- Pecan-Crusted Coconut Custards with Brandied Banana Sauce from The Texan New Yorker
- Pistachio Pudding For Two (From Scratch) from Chocolate Moosey
- 3 Japanese-Style Treats for Your Sweet from Ninja Baking
- Valentine’s Cupcakes with a Surprise from From the Bookshelf
- White Hot Chocolate from Pies and Plots
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter every Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. Check out our #SundaySupper Pinterest board for more fabulous recipes and food photos. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy! You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.