Red, White and Blue recipes displaying our national flag colors are always so much fun to create and have fun with. Since I was super busy this week getting ready for a summer vacay, I wanted SIMPLICITY. Pure and simple . . . easy. These delicious and healthy Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabobs were perfect!
Every year, I experiment with something new and so far, it has always been something sweet for dessert. These are also fantastic for getting the kids involved in the kitchen. No matter how wonky they may look on a stick. Truth is, there is no one way to put the fruit on the skewers. Go wild and have fun with these.
For the red colors, choose from strawberries, raspberries, or cherries.
For the blue colors, I always use blueberries.
For the white colors, you can use bananas or marshmallows. To keep it completely healthy, stick with the bananas.
For decorating the kabobs, go to a craft store and pick up some red, white and blue ribbons, the wooden skewers, etc. Place them in a clear, short but wide, candle glass. Tie the ribbons around the glass and place the skewers upright inside the glass. Serve on some patriotic, red, white and blue plates along with a few kabobs already laid out. If time permits, you can also tie ribbons around the base of each kabob.
** PIN THIS please **
Thanks to Cindy of Cindy’s Recipes and Writings for hosting this week’s theme!
Let’s see what the others in the Sunday Supper gang prepared for the holiday:
- Honey Berry Blue Cheese Ball by Magnolia Days
- How to make Chicken Yakitori in Skewers for #SundaySupper by Asian In America
America the Beautiful Beverages
- Apple Pie Milkshake by Love and Confections
- Patriotic Strawberry Jello Margarita Shooters by Girl Abroad
- Summer Berry Pitcher Mojitos by The Crumby Cupcake
Raise the Flag Breakfasts
- Breakfast Cake Stars with Strawberry Syrup by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Red, White, and Blue Berrylicious Smoothie Bowl by The Hungry Goddess
For the Red, White and Blue Salads and Main Dishes
- Bang Bang Pork Chops by Wholistic Woman
- Blueberry and Watermelon Arugula Salad by A Mind Full Mom
- Blueberry Barbecue Sauce for Red, White and Blue Chicken Skewers by Caroline’s Cooking
- Chicken Tomato Feta Pasta by Taste And See
- Firecracker Hot Dogs by Sunday Supper Movement
- Founder’s Mac and Cheese by Cooking Chat
- Pumped Up Potato Salad by Food Lust People Love
- Red Hot Chicken and Blue Cheese Bites by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Red White & Blue Caprese Salad by Go Epicurista
- Red White and Blue Fruit Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Red, White, and Blue Salad by Simple and Savory
- Red, White & Blue Stacked Nachos by Simply Healthy Family
- Watermelon Salad with Feta & Blueberries by Monica’s Table
- Yankee Doodle Noodle Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
Oh Say Can You See Desserts
- All-American Patriotic Dessert Tarts by Family Around The Table
- Apple Galette by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Berry Cheesecake Flag Dessert by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Cherry Vanilla Poke Cake by Cookin’ Mimi
- Easy (No Bake!) Two Bite Berry Pies by Cooking With Carlee
- Firecracker Muddy Buddies by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Flag Fruit Pizza by Dash of Evans
- Gluten Free American Flag Fruit Pizza by What The Fork Food Blog
- Homemade Snow Cones by Palatable Pastime
- Patriotic M&M Cookie Bars by Alida’s Kitchen
- Patriotic Smoothie Pops by Crazed Mom
- Red White and Berry Trifle by My World Simplified
- Red, White, and Blue Berry Pound Cake Bites by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabob Flag by La Bella Vita Cucina
- Red, White, and Blue Fruit Tart by Life Tastes Good
- Red, White and Blue Granita by Dessert Geek
- Red, White, and Blue M&M Cookies by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Red White and Blue Parfaits by Desserts Required
- Red, White and Blue Popsicles by Our Good Life
- Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispie Treats by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Red, White and Blue Rolled Sugar Cookies by From Gate to Plate
- Red, White and Blue Shooting Stars by The Freshman Cook
- Red White and Blue Strawberries with Chantilly Cream by Pine Needles In My Salad
- Rice Krispies Treat Birthday Cake by Pies and Plots
- Rosemary Cookies with Tomato Jam by The Finer Cookie
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.
I hope you enjoy these Red, White and Blue Fruit Kabobs!