Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce . . . Pollo in Salsa di Limone e’ Crema
Here is a great Italian recipe worth preparing for your family: Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce .
I like sauces on chicken to have a slightly LESS lemon flavor and to accomplish this I add cream to the sauce, along with capers and the addition of my favorite Italian spice blends. Since we love capers, this version is a little bit ‘Piccata’ too. But that’s what makes cooking so much fun — all the experimenting!
This recipe is truly one that would be served in an excellent Italian restaurant — it’s that yummy!
The chicken is so tender, the breading is so delicate, the combination of the lemon, cream and spices is just perfect.
Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce
- Prep Time: 0 hours
- Additional Time: 0 hours
- Cook Time: 0 hours
- Total Time: 0 hours
- 1–1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend
- Freshly ground Italian sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 lemon to 1-1/2 lemons
- 1–1/2 cups chicken broth (brodo, which I prepare ahead and freeze)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Pasta, such as Fettuccine, Linguine or Spaghettini
- Freshly ground Parmigiana Reggiano (I grind ahead of time and freeze)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Get a large pot of water boiling for the pasta.
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by pounding them to a thickness of about 1/2″ to 1″ thick.
- In a flat bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water, but do not dry.
- Season to preference level of fresh sea salt, black pepper and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium heat melt the butter and canola oil together.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, saute over medium-low heat until tender and golden.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons over the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add the cream.
- Add the capers.
- Season again with sea salt, black pepper and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend.
- Finish cooking the chicken breast and sauce in the oven about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the pasta to “al dente” (to the tooth).
- When finished baking, take the pasta to the plates, lay the chicken breasts on top, ladle/spoon the sauce all over the chicken and the pasta.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmigiana Regiano cheese on the chicken and pasta.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley and slivers of lemon rind or slices of fresh lemon.
Delicious. I love lemon chicken, it’s one of the few things I learned how to prepare from my Italian MIL.
Have a nice day
That looks fabulous!
I’m saving this recipe for cooler weather. It looks absolutely delicious!
Wow, a tasty blog! How nice to find you. I’ll have to check back when I have time to start cooking. Point me to some easy recipes and we have a deal!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
Happy SITS Saturday Sharefest!
Yum yum! I’m sooo going to try this. And my eye caught the proscuitto wraps below – I will die!! On to them next. Great recipes.
Happy SITS Sharefest
Oh this sounds delicious and looks so lovely. Great site!
Oh boy, I am so craving this now! Love love love capers and the sauce just looks over the top. Perfect!
I misplaced your email again! To answer your question– I’m not a teacher. I’m an Admin. Asst. to the Counseling Dept. at a high school. I wear many hats, and I love the kids.
Stealing carrots from the equines again? As long as you don’t steal their oats to make granola! I bought some squash blossoms, so I can try your recipe. Off to sleep…
Lemon , butter and capers. You can’t go wrong with that.