Here is a great Italian recipe worth preparing for your family: Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce .
I like sauces on chicken to have a slightly LESS lemon flavor and to accomplish this I add cream to the sauce, along with capers and the addition of my favorite Italian spice blends. Since we love capers, this version is a little bit ‘Piccata’ too. But that’s what makes cooking so much fun — all the experimenting!
This recipe is truly one that would be served in an excellent Italian restaurant — it’s that yummy!
The chicken is so tender, the breading is so delicate, the combination of the lemon, cream and spices is just perfect.
Chicken in Lemon Cream Sauce
Write a review
- 1-1/2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend
- Freshly ground Italian sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. canola oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1 lemon to 1-1/2 lemons
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth (brodo, which I prepare ahead and freeze)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup capers, drained
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Pasta, such as Fettuccine, Linguine or Spaghettini
- Freshly ground Parmigiana Reggiano (I grind ahead of time and freeze)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Get a large pot of water boiling for the pasta.
- Tenderize the chicken breasts by pounding them to a thickness of about 1/2" to 1" thick.
- In a flat bowl, mix the flour and cornstarch.
- Rinse the chicken breasts under cold water, but do not dry.
- Season to preference level of fresh sea salt, black pepper and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend.
- Dredge the seasoned chicken breasts in the flour mixture.
- In a large oven proof skillet over medium heat melt the butter and canola oil together.
- Add the chicken breasts and cook on each side until golden brown.
- Remove the chicken from the pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, saute over medium-low heat until tender and golden.
- Add the chicken back into the pan.
- Squeeze the juice of the lemons over the chicken breasts.
- Add the chicken broth.
- Add the cream.
- Add the capers.
- Season again with sea salt, black pepper and Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb Blend.
- Finish cooking the chicken breast and sauce in the oven about 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- While the chicken is baking, cook the pasta to "al dente" (to the tooth).
- When finished baking, take the pasta to the plates, lay the chicken breasts on top, ladle/spoon the sauce all over the chicken and the pasta.
- Sprinkle freshly grated Parmigiana Regiano cheese on the chicken and pasta.
- Garnish with chopped Italian parsley and slivers of lemon rind or slices of fresh lemon.
La Bella Vita Cucina https://www.italianbellavita.com/