“ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?”
Well, the big American football day is nearly here . . . and even though most folks are focused on the game, I know that I’m going to focus on preparing and presenting all of the food while W.D. sits in his “man-chair” with remote control in hand! (Yes, he helps, but I really like doing it all so he’s just out of the way!)
First and foremost on our Super Bowl menu is ALWAYS, fresh guacamole! I have made this recipe for years now after trying numerous versions of the green stuff. Personally, I feel that this is just plum awesome. But we all have our own ways to make ‘gwauk’, and this is my humble little attempt of green bliss on a chip! Just look at these fresh avocados and limes that I picked up at the organic food store . . . incredibly beautiful colors!
Take the lime and cut in half to . . . .
Chop the cilantro into tiny pieces . . .
Then put all of the chopped and diced ingredients together in a medium bowl.
I know that I’m going to be checking in on all of your blogs to see what you’re cooking up for the big game day!
- 3 large ripe Haas avocados, peeled and cubed
- 3 Roma tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lime juice salt to taste Cayenne pepper (if desired)
- In a large bowl place the scooped avocado pulp and lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocados have been coated.
- Add the salt and mash.
- Fold in the onions, tomatoes, jalapeno peppers, and cilantro.
- Add 1/2 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice.
- Taste and add any ingredient to your taste preferences.
- Serve immediately with tortilla chips.
- When cutting or seeding hot peppers, use rubber or plastic gloves to protect your hands.
- And avoid touching your face.