As temperatures continue to rise to a boiling point (too early) for June, it’s time for some easy breezy, chilled, no-bake recipes.
Nothing pairs with blueberries better than lemons . . . nothing! And nothing screams lemon any better than Italian limoncello! So I decided to create these cute little blueberry parfaits with some sweet marscapone cheese, limoncello, and lemon curd! Oh YUM!
Plus oh so pretty to look at . . . good food eye candy, huh?
To make these even easier and not use a hot oven, I buy a high quality lemon pound cake . . . hey, why not? If it’s made in my local bakery, that’s good enough for me!
Topping off these creamy, dreamy parfaits, I crumbled buttery shortbread cookies and sprinkled them all over the top for a little extra sweet texture.
- 1 tub mascarpone cheese
- 1 small jar lemon curd
- 1 Tbsp. limoncello
- 1 tsp. freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup sugar
- lemon pound cake, sliced or cubed
- 3 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups blueberry sauce or pie filling
- 20 shortbread cookies
- In a medium-sized bowl, blend mascarpone cheese, lemon curd, limoncello, lemon juice, cream, and sugar.
- In a small-bowl, gently mix 1 cup blueberries with blueberry sauce or pie filling.
- Put shortbread cookies In a heavy plastic freezer bag; using a rolling pin, roll over the cookies and crumble them . . . or use a mini-food processor.
- On the bottom of each glass, place 2 - 3 heaping spoonfuls of blueberry sauce/pie filling mixed with fresh blueberries.
- Next place 2 - 3 heaping spoonfuls of limoncello cream on top of blueberry sauce/pie filling.
- Place a layer of lemon pound cake slices/cubes on next.
- Layer fresh blueberries on top of cake layer.
- Layer slices/cubes of lemon pound cake again.
- Layer more fresh blueberries.
- Layer more limoncello cream on next.
- Garnish with fresh blueberries and shortbread cookie crumbles.
We hope that you enjoy this recipe . . . with ‘amore’ from our cucina and acreage to you.
Do you ❤ enjoy La Bella Vita Cucina? We’d love to have you as part of our little community!
Click here: La Bella Vita Cucina to get new recipes, travel tips and gardening ideas straight into your inbox!