Praline Pecan Bundt Cake is loaded with a generous amount of pralines and covered with a thick, rich, and super sweet caramel icing. And of course, garnished with sugar-coated (praline) pecans for a pretty finish and an added layer of sweetened crunchiness.
- 1 cup praline sugared pecans, chopped
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (a6 oz.) package dark brown sugar
- 4 jumbo eggs
- brown sugar
- vanilla extract
- 2–1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 oz.) container sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the Praline Icing:
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 cups firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or heavy cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 – 3 cups powdered sugar, depending on the thickness desired
Sugared Praline Pecans:
- Find these already prepared in the fresh nut section of your grocer’s produce department.
- 2 Tbsp. salted butter
- 3 cups pecan halves
- ⅓ cup light brown sugar
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Sift together 2 1/2 cups flour and next 3 ingredients.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat batter at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in praline sugared pecans and vanilla extract.
- Spoon batter into a greased and floured 12-cup Bundt pan.
Prepare Praline Icing:
- In a heavy, medium-sized sauce pan, bring the first 3 ingredients to a boil over medium heat, whisking constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the powdered sugar and vanilla until smooth.
- Stir gently for 3 – 5 minutes or until the icing mixture begins to thicken slightly.
- If too runny for your preference, add more powdered sugar.
- If too thick for your preference, add more milk/cream.
- Drizzle icing over cake IMMEDIATELY WHILE WARM.
- Decorate top of cake with Sugared Pecans.
For the Sugared Praline Pecans:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium heat. Add the pecans and stir continuously for 3 minutes, to lightly toast the pecans.
- Add in the brown sugar, and stir for 2 more minutes to melt the brown sugar.
- Stir in the cinnamon and salt, and then add the water.
- Cook, stirring continuously until the water is dissolved for 2 minutes.
- Add the vanilla and stir to coat the pecans.
- Remove from the heat and spread the pecans evenly on the lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 – 7 minutes, until the pecans are fragrant and lightly crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow the pecans to cool completely while on the baking sheet.
Adapted from Southern Living
Keywords: pecan, praline, bundt cake, bundt, dessert, Southern