- 4 - 5 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 lb fresh imported Italian mozzarella, cut into 1/4 - 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, first preseed Italian olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar for a more mild flavor)
- 10 - 15 large fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Italian sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh Italian bread
- Toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Tear the basil into large pieces and toss into the salad.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately (can be refrigerated to serve a little bit later too).
- Serve with fresh, crusty Italian bread
Once again, notice to those who steal my blog photography:
Permission to use anything on this blog by Roz Corieri Paige is required with correct citation and linkage back to this site or legal prosecution of theft results.