This is an exceptionally delicious and easy summer salad to prepare whether for yourself, family, and/or guests. They will rave about this and thank you for sharing it with them!
- 4 – 5 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 lb. fresh imported Italian mozzarella, cut into 1/4 – 1/2” cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, first preseed Italian olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar for a more mild flavor)
- 10 – 15 large fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Italian sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh Italian bread
- Toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Tear the basil into large pieces and toss into the salad.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately (can be refrigerated to serve a little bit later too).
- Serve with fresh, crusty Italian bread
It’s our pleasure to share these time-tested family recipes with ‘amore’ from our cucina and acreage to you.
Do you enjoy La Bella Vita Cucina?
We’d love to have you as part of our little community!
Click here: La Bella Vita Cucina to get new recipes, travel tips and gardening ideas straight into your inbox!