- 4 - 5 cups grape or cherry tomatoes, sliced in halves
- 1 lb. fresh imported Italian mozzarella, cut into 1/4 - 1/2" cubes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin, first pressed Italian olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar (or red wine vinegar for a more mild flavor)
- 10 - 15 large fresh basil leaves (to taste)
- Italian or Kosher sea salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Fresh Italian bread
- Toss together the tomatoes, mozzarella, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar.
- Tear the basil into large pieces and toss into the salad.
- Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve immediately (can be refrigerated to serve a little bit later too).
- Serve with fresh, crusty Italian bread
It’s our pleasure to share these time-tested family recipes with ‘amore’ from our cucina and acreage to you.
Do you enjoy La Bella Vita Cucina? We’d love to have you as part of our little community!