Packing lunches to take to work takes a lot of planning! When I’m getting ready in the morning before my hour-long commute, the last thing that I want to think about is “what should I fix and pack for lunch?”
Total chaos and frustration for me to think about one more thing in the morning!
And I am NOT a morning person!
Wraps are so easy to make with so many ingredient options and even easier to grab and go when made the night before. This Turkey, Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap is one of my favorites. Here’s a link on making home-made basil pesto.
So pretty to look at. Lots of layers of flavor. And EASY!
I like to slice wraps on the diagonal to show more of the colorful ingredients in the layers.
I’ve made this Turkey, Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomato Wrap and I hope you enjoy it! As always, change out the ingredients to make something that you prefer more: chicken, refried beans, black beans, avocados, different varieties of cheeses, lettuce, etc.
- Tortillas (I use 'multi-grain' or wheat)
- Cream cheese, softened, about 5 Tbsp per wrap
- Basil pesto, homemade or store-bought, about 2 Tbsp. per wrap
- Lettuce leaves, any variety
- sliced smoked turkey - 10 slices per wrap
- sun-dried tomatoes from a bag and not from a jar, about 2 Tbsp.
- salt and pepper
- garnish: chopped tomatoes
- Spread cream cheese on tortillas.
- Spread basil pesto on top of cream cheese.
- Lay several whole lettuce leaves on top next.
- Layer on turkey slices on top of the lettuce.
- Place sun-dried tomatoes on one end of the tortillas (which when rolled up will be in the center of wraps).
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Roll up each tortilla starting from the side where the sun-dried tomatoes were placed.
- Garnish with freshly diced tomatoes.