- juice of 1 lime
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. honey
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. ginger, peeled and minced (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- pinch of crushed red pepper flakes
- ¼ tsp. ground sea salt
- 1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 – 5 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame oil
- If too thick: Add either 1 Tbsp. water or 1 Tbsp. coconut milk; continue to add to desired consistency
- 3 cups mixed baby salad greens
- 2 cups snap peas
- 1 cup purple cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small cucumber, cut in half, seeded and sliced
- 1 – 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1 cups green onions, sliced on the diagonal
- 1 cup fresh bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup cilantro leaves, diced
- 2 Tbsp. mint, diced
- 1 cup cashews or crushed peanuts (use Trader Joe’s “Thai Lime and Chili Cashews” if you can get them)
OPTIONAL, but great to add in
- cooked chicken, diced or cut into thin strips
- 1 cup cubed mango or papaya
Prepare the dressing
- Add all ingredients into a blender and thoroughly blend until creamy.
- Taste to see if you need to add more of an ingredient to suit your taste preferences.
- Refrigerate until time to serve the salad. I make this a day ahead.
Prepare the salad
- After prepping all of the ingredients, mix them well in a very large bowl.
- Serve the salad with the peanut dressing so that guests can dress their own salads.