This is not another green smoothie. This Strawberry Banana & Pineapple Smoothie is totally loaded with good stuff to help improve health and provide a detox. And extremely yummy! Plus the pink color is perfect for the upcoming Valentine’s Day.
I know! It’s February and strawberries are definitely an off-season special treat. But really, strawberries are such a fruity delight when it’s cold outside (and even when it’s warm), aren’t they?
Most strawberry smoothies are paired with bananas, and that’s truly a great combo. But for this smoothie recipe, I added one of my tried and true ingredients that’s not only delicious but helps clean out the body:
But the pineapple has to be FRESH and not from a can. With the addition of strawberries and banana, this smoothie just screams flavor! And yet, you still feel full and satisfied!
I know that this smoothie will soon become one of your favorites too!
I hope that you enjoy this special Valentine’s Strawberry, Banana & Pineapple Smoothie !
TIPS on Selecting and Cooking with a Pineapple
- A pineapple’s ripeness is revealed by the external shell and are ready to eat even if the shell is slightly green.
- Pineapples don’t continue to ripen after being picked, so use them upon purchase.
- When cutting, first cut off the crown and base. Then cut off the side and remove the little ‘eyes’.
- Cut in half lengthwise. Then cut each half again in half to make 4 large sections. Slice down the pointed tips of each section to remove core. Slice in half lengthwise again and then cut into chunks.
- If the pineapple isn’t served immediately, just cut it up and place in the refrigerator in an airtight container. Use within one week.
- 1 banana
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple (this is your de-tox magic ingredient!)
- 10 medium to large strawberries
- 2 Tbsp. coconut water
- 1 tsp. local honey
- 1 tsp. chia seeds (swells to 8 times larger in your tummy to help you feel fuller)
- 2 ice cubes (to chill it)
- Blend the banana, add the pineapple, blend again, add strawberries, blend again.
- Add the rest and anything else that you like, blend again.
Enjoy the full feeling that you get from this pretty pink Valentine’s Strawberry, Banana & Pineapple Smoothie !
Here are more delicious smoothies to add to your recipe box!
What’s your favorite smoothie recipe?