Pineapple, Spinach, and Ginger Super De-Tox Smoothie
Here’s a super easy, and super delicious way to kick-start your new year (or whenever)! It’s a detox cleanse with my extremely popular Pineapple, Spinach, and Ginger Super Detox Smoothie!
Some of us make promises to ourselves at the beginning of a new year. Taking better care of our health always tops the list of those resolutions. If you’re one of those focused on feeling your best, this super detox smoothie can help you jump-start that goal. You have seriously just found one of the best and seriously effective detox smoothies on the web.
This super detox smoothie always gets rave reviews!
Sheryl emailed me saying “I have been making and drinking this detox drink with my hubby. I even add cucumber and some chia seed . . . it’s so delicious!”
Jessica commented: “I just made this and chose your recipe over many others on Pinterest because I love that it has very few ingredients. It is VERY good and I am amazed at how similar the ginger and pineapple are when blended together, they mimic one another. I am on a clean-eating mission and I approve!”
So here’s the recipe for my super detox smoothie recipe that I first posted in 2012 that people still write to me about. This green drink is much more effective in its claim to ‘de-tox’ due to the pineapple. I mean to tell you that you will cettainly be ‘cleansing’ (to put it nicely) alright! No doubt about the accuracy of the name ‘de-tox’ in this green potion!
If you don’t have a juicer, no problem! The taste and texture are just fine using a mini food processor or immersion blender. You can’t even taste the spinach and instead, your tastebuds really pick up on the fruit and ginger elements. It’s quite nice!
And most importantly, it still does the job!
If you’re just making one serving of this super detox smoothie, then simply use a small mini-blender or an immersion blender and give everything a good whirl! A lot less to wash afterward. . . and that’s always a good thing!
Powerful ingredients and their benefits in this smoothie:
Our bodies build up so many toxins and waste when we eat poorly, from chemicals in processed foods, and from breathing dirty, polluted air. Thankfully, Mother Nature gave us pineapple which has lots of health benefits!
- Pineapple acts as a diuretic due to its detoxifying qualities that help eliminate all that bad stuff we put in our bodies and that makes us feel so sluggish.
- Pineapple’s high content of vitamin C makes it a powerful ally in the fight against free radicals.
- Pineapples are largely made up of water, with a good bit of fiber, making it a perfect addition to any healthy weight-loss or maintenance efforts.
- Pineapple improves our digestion by destroying intestinal parasites.
- Ginger is a powerful food that is critical to include in any healthy lifestyle. The benefits of ginger are considered to be medicinal as an anti-inflammatory agent and antioxidant.
- Ginger is prized for its detoxifying and cleansing abilities. Our bodies have their own natural cleansing ability, but detoxifying with the help of ginger simply enhances that cleansing process.
- Ginger is included when cleansing the internal body because it’s believed to stimulate digestion and clean up toxins and waste in many organs.
- Spinach is a superfood filled with powerful antioxidant properties that help fight the damage caused by oxidation.
- The fiber in spinach aids digestion by promoting regularity and helping food move through our digestive systems.
Other smoothies you might enjoy:
These products will help you prepare smoothies more easily:
We participate in the Amazon Associates affiliate program. If you make a purchase from this site, a tiny percentage of the sale is paid to us. This does not increase the price to you at all. Thank you for your support!
Please share the love and pin this image. Thank you!!
To your health! Drink Up And Enjoy!
This smoothie is both delicious AND effective! Gets the job done! So popular on Pinterest since 2012! Filled with powerful ingredients to include in any healthy diet. Enjoy!!
- 1–1/4 cup fresh pineapple juice
- juice from 1/4th of a lemon
- a handful of fresh spinach leaves
- 2 slices fresh pineapple
- 1/4 tsp. freshly-grated ginger
- Place all ingredients in a juicer or blender/food processor.
- Give everything a whirl for about 1 minute.
- Stop and taste to determine if any ingredient should be added.
- Pour the finished smoothie into a tall glass and ENJOY!
- Calories: 140
- Sugar: 18
- Sodium: 20
- Fat: 3
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Unsaturated Fat: 3
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 5
- Protein: 3
- Cholesterol: 0
Keywords: detox, smoothie, cleanse, super detox smoothie