- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. saffron threads
- 3 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 small yellow onions, minced
- 2 cups Arborio rice
- 1 cup dry white wine
- ½ cup grated Parmesan
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat stock and saffron in a 2-qt. saucepan over medium heat; keep warm.
- Heat butter in a 4-qt. saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add onions; cook until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice; cook until lightly toasted, about 4 minutes.
- Add wine; cook until evaporated, about 2 minutes.
- Add ½ cup warm stock; cook, stirring, until absorbed, about 2 minutes.
- Continue adding stock, ½ cup at a time, and cooking until absorbed before adding more, until rice is tender and creamy, about 16 minutes total.
- Stir in Parmesan; season with salt and pepper.