Chicken in Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce
You’re busy! And you’re hungry! And you want something delicious and fast! This Chicken in a Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce is exactly what you’ll love! And in less than 30 minutes from prep to serving!
With just a few key ingredients, this recipe is for crispy golden chicken breasts coated with a cream sauce that is simply luscious, packed with flavor and well, almost divine!
I guarantee you that this will soon become everyone’s favorite chicken dishes. Especially whoever prepares this recipe . . . because the cook gets to taste (slurp) the sauce as it simmers away on the stove. The simplicity of this ‘skillet recipe’ is that the chicken is sauteed first and then the sauce is ‘added’ to the chicken in the very same pan. Less mess to clean up too!
When you’re tired of simply baking or sauteeing chicken and the whole boredom and monotany of that preparation, then take a dull chicken to the next level by adding this creamy, lemon, garlic and parmesan sauce.
This Chicken in Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce is wonderful served alone or alongside pasta, rice, or mashed potatoes. The creamy sauce is heavenly spooned over any side. For a beautiful presentation, add a bright green vegetable such as peas, broccoli, or asparagus.
We double this recipe so that we can have it in a variety of ways. For the second night, we add fresh sliced mushrooms and saute them in butter, then add the chicken and sauce from the night before to re-heat. We also make another half batch of sauce since we could literally drink the sauce! The other customizable add-in that we love in cream sauces is fresh green peas. And of course, sometimes when I prepare sauces with lemon, I frequently sprinkle in some capers — after all lemons and capers do grow next to each other in Southern Italy!
Let’s get to the kitchen, shall we?
Ingredients that you need:
- Chicken breast, boneless and skinless – or boneless skinless thigh
- Chicken broth/stock
- Cream – for that satiny sauce we all love
- Lemon – gives a little bright layer of flavor to the cream sauce
- Parmesan – freshly grated, not from the green can
- Dijon mustard – for a tiny layer of tangy flavor
- Flour – to dust the chicken to create a golden crust that the sauce sticks to
- Garlic – ALWAYS add garlic!
- Butter – for a richer flavor added to the cream
How To Make Chicken in Creamy, Lemon, Garlic & Parmesan Sauce (Step-by-Step)
- Salt and pepper chicken breasts
- Lightly coat with flour
- In melted butter, saute’ chicken breasts for 5 minutes* on each side, or until cooked through. Add the garlic and onions. * 5 minutes for thicker cut breasts; and 3 minutes for thinner cutlets of chicken.
- Add chicken broth and lemon juice.
- Add the cream and the mustard.
6. Lower the heat and add the shredded Parmigiano cheese, stir and heat the entire dish thoroughly.
7. Simmer for a few minutes and then sprinkle freshly-minced Italian parsley all over for color.
8. Garnish with lemon slices and sprigs of parsley.
More recipes with delicious sauces to enjoy:
- Salmon, Peas and Asparagus with Pasta in Lemon Cream Sauce
- Pasta with Truffle Cream Sauce
- Grilled Italian Swordfish with Creamy Lemon Caper Sauce
- Italian Pork Ribs with Garlic Rosemary Sauce
PIN FOR LATER!
This looks out of this world delicious, Roz. And you can’t never go wrong with a creamy cheesy sauce!
Thanks so much Angie. It’s a keeper and the sauce is one to slurp constantly!
Absolutely ideal week dinner ! Grazie milla !
Grazie mille! You’re absolutely right about that!
Buon Appetito, amica!
“Wow” is right, I can see why you would make this again and again. Roz, you’ve outdone yourself, this is perfect for the one skillet meal and I can only imagine that sauce!! Since I have all the ingredients on hand, think I will give it a try this weekend. Hope it turns out as beautiful as your dish!
What a compliment Jan! If you do prepare this, please snap a shot and shoot it to me to share! Also, don’t forget that you can customize this to your preferences (ingredients, amounts, etc.). You’re a fabulous cook and I have no doubt that your results will be fantabulous!!!
absolutely mouth-watering photo and recipe mama mia that looks so good!
Awe thanks Claudia. I appreciate it!!! It really is yummy and can easily be customized!
We may not be able to find beef or pork, but thankfully I have chicken in the freezer! This looks like a delicious way to indulge!! Hope you and Bill stay well!! xoxo
Oh my gosh, Liz! Yes, thank goodness for freezers! Do stay safe, sweetie, and enjoy your new pool!
THANK YOU FOR SHARING..
Well this is the perfect dish for me right now! Easy and delicious!!!! Going to need to pick up a little cream, then this will be on the dinner table. thanks Roz! Hope this finds you doing well.
This was very good. I did not see where and when to add the mustard so I did it a bit after the broth and lemon juice. My husband did not like it as much as I did, but for me, it was fantastic! I will def. make again, but cut back a bit on the butter and the cheese.
I appreciate that you shared what both your husband and you felt about this recipe. My husband is a bit like your husband . . . and very vocal about how he thinks would make a recipe better. But I agree with how you will tweak the recipe the next time you make it to keep everyone happy.
Thank you for stopping by!