Festive Cranberry and Pomegranate Bellini
It’s time to get into a holly, jolly, festive mood, my friends. The gloom around the world will continue to arrest our attention, continually depressing our emotional well-being. Let’s put a little positivity and joyfulness in our holidays, even if it’s difficult to do. This recipe for Delectable and Festive Cranberry, Pomegranate Bellini will get us started
Bring on the BUBBLY!
It’s countdown to Christmas time, everyone! It’s the best time of year for baking delicious goodies for family and friends, for singing Christmas carols at the top of our lungs, no matter how horrible you sound! The tree has been decorated with cats playing with dangling ornaments. Children are home playing and anxious for Santa to arrive. Lovers, both old and new, steal precious kisses under the mistletoe. Gifts are being wrapped, stockings are being stuffed to the max . . .
And to help celebrate this beautiful holy day, it’s time to raise your flutes filled with these delectable and festive cranberry pomegranate bellini! This is not only an amazing cocktail, but it’s also super easy to prepare, it’s beautiful, and it’s truly delicious! It’s not too sweet either. I just love how bubbly and sparkling this cranberry bellini is . . . truly perfect to enjoy before Christmas dinner or during a holiday brunch.
I love any recipe that can be prepared ahead of time to free up my time so that I can be with my family. And this cocktail recipe can be made up to a full week ahead of time, kept in the fridge. Now that’s a huge amount of time relief! A simple syrup (and it really is simple) is made and kept in the fridge. You pop the cork off the prosecco just before serving so that you get that awesome bubbly effect! Got have the bubbles!
At the time of serving, garnish each champagne flute with pretty green rosemary sprigs, slices of lime, and of course, fresh cranberries. Totally beautiful.
The Low-Down on Simple Syrup for Cocktails:
- Cocktail simple syrup is just that – a very simple to make sugar syrup.
- It’s a mixture of equal parts of liquid ingredients with sugar.
- It’s heated and stirred until the sugar dissolves.
- When stored in the refrigerator, it thickens slightly.
- Only use it after it is chilled and cold so that your cocktails are served nicely cold.
- Add as much of your flavored simple syrup to your cocktails as you like.
- For guests who don’t drink alcohol, serve this cranberry-pomegranate simple syrup with sparkling water, ginger ale, or 7-up soda.
Tips For The Best Bellini
- Prosecco is the belle of the ball in this cocktail! Only use good Italian Prosecco and not champagne. However, if that’s what you have on hand, then by all means use up the champagne. Champagne is French and Prosecco is Italian. And this is an Italian cocktail, so it’s more authentic to use Prosecco for Bellinis.
- Use more Prosecco than the recipe calls for if you wish. It’s delightful!
- Use cranberry juice that is unsweetened since sugar is added to make the simple syrup.
- Serve with JOY!
Other Cocktails that You’ll Enjoy!
Cranberry and Clementine Bellini
You’ll love these!
Set of 10 Champagne Glasses — Only $28.00
Set of 4 Classy Champagne Flutes
Cranberry Pomegranate Bellini
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Additional Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Beverages / Cocktails
- Cuisine: American and Italian
For the Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup unsweetened 100% cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup unsweetened 100 pomegranate juice (I use POM brand)
- 1 cup sugar
For each Bellini:
- 1 oz. simple syrup
- 4 – 6 oz. Italian Prosecco
- a small squeeze of fresh lime juice
- fresh whole cranberries
- fresh rosemary sprigs
- fresh lime slices
To Make the Simple Syrup:
- In a small pot, stir together the cranberry and pomegranate juices with the sugar.
- Set the pot over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Turn the temperature down to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Pour the syrup in a jar. Place it in the refrigerator to cool completely.
- Can be stored in the fridge for up to 1 week.
To Make Each Bellini:
- Pour 1 ounce of cranberry-pomegranate simple syrup into each champagne flute.
- Top with 4 – 6 ounces of Prosecco.
- Squeeze just a few drops of fresh lime juice into each bellini.
- Garnish each bellini with half slices of lime and whole cranberries
To Make a Pitcher of Bellini:
- Mix 1 cup of cranberry-pomegranate simple syrup with a 750 ml bottle of Italian Prosecco.
- Squeeze a few drops of fresh lime juice, up to one lime’s juice.
- Taste and add more of whatever ingredient you prefer.
Salute’ and Cheers!
Published 2020; published with updates 2022
What a gorgeous holiday cocktail! Hopefully, in 2021 we’ll be able to celebrate with extended family and friends!! Hope you’re doing well!! xoxo
All is well here, Liz. Just wishing to be with family. Hopefully, as you said, 2021 will bring see that wish granted!
Be well too,
This is absolutely gorgeous! The colour is just so festive and stunning.
Thank you Angie, They are also very easy going down!
Happy Holidays my dear friend! This cocktail really does put one in the holiday spirit. It looks so festive and I’m sure that drinking one would really put you in a holiday mood. Such a beautiful drink and perfect for the season. Hope you have a wonderful holiday my dear!
So far our Christmas season has been very quiet and simple. A nice change, but we’d love to be with the grandchildren again. I hope your holiday is lovely too, MJ!
Your holiday cocktail looks so festive! My husbands birthday is New Years Eve and he would love this. I think I’ve found the perfect drink to bring in the new year as well as celebrate my husband. Have a safe and wonderful holiday Roz!
Well, Happy Birthday early to your husband! What a day to have a birthday! WOW!
Happy 2021 too, Jan!
This is so beautiful Roz! And I just bought some pomegranate juice! I’m so excited to make these… I might tonight! Merry Christmas!
They’re perfect for Christmas, Miss Mimi!
Lovely for the holidays.
Thank you Jovina! Merry Christmas!
Beautiful festive cocktail ! I wish you and your family a Very Merry Christmas dear Rose !
Awe, grazie mille, bella amica Davorka!